Ingredients for Cake
- 250g Salted Butter
- 325g Caster Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250g Self-Raising Flour
- 75g Plain Yogurt
- Juice from 2 limes
- 75ml Gin
- 150ml Tonic Water
- 1tsp crushed juniper berries
Ingredients for Icing
- 200g soft Butter
- 400g icing sugar
- 2tbsp milk
- Zest of 3 limes
- 2 limes: 1 zested and the other thinly sliced.
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- ¼ cucumber ribbons
- Heat oven to 180ºC.
- Grease and line cake tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time. Beat after adding each egg.
- Add 1 tbsp of flour.
- Fold in zest.
- Fold in the rest of the flour.
- Mix the plain yogurt with the lime juice and 50 ml of Gin. Add to cake mixture.
- Split the silky mixture between 2 cake tins (for a double layer cake).
- On medium heat, mix the remaining sugar, tonic water, juniper berries and one of the lime’s juices in a saucepan.
- Bring to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix in remaining gin.
* When cake is done baking, allow to cool. Use skewers to prick holes to pour syrup.
- Beat butter until soft.
- Add icing sugar bit by bit, mixing between each bit.
- Add the milk as well as zest of lime.
Mix zest and sugar and sprinkle over icing. Add a touch of the cucumber ribbon.