As we ease ourselves into the cooler seasons why not indulge with bourbon chocolate cupcakes – a little excuse to keep warm. Learn how to make this simple recipe for the mature palate to enjoy.
- 235ml Bourbon
- 227g butter (unsalted)
- 96g cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 256g all purpose flour
- 7ml baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 4ml salt
- 400g sugar
- 227g sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Line a muffin tray with paper cups. Start creating the batter by bringing the Bourbon and butter to a simmer in a heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Take the measured out cocoa powder and add it to the mixture and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Lower down the temperature for the mixture to cool slightly.
- Combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs with the sour cream in a separate bowl.
- Add the bourbon-chocolate mixture and combine with the egg mixture.
- Once the above step is mixed well, add in the flour mixture and beat on a slow speed.
- Fold in the batter mixture in a figure eight motion using a spatula.
- Once all mixed, add evenly into the cupcake liners.
- Place into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. You can check when ready by poking a toothpick into the cupcake. If the toothpick comes out clean they are ready to take out of the oven.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before eating.
See more on our Bourbon range HERE.