If you are a dark chocolate fan and like vodka then you should definitely try this Chocolate Brownie recipe. Tantalise your taste buds! It is the perfect weekend dessert after a braai with the family and friends.
- 85g dark chocolate (Choose the % of cocoa that you would prefer)
- 255g sugar
- 170g butter
- 50ml vodka
- 340g all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- Using a microwave safe bowl or a double boiler, melt butter and chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave. Repeat process until everything has melted and you have a smooth chocolate-butter mixture
- Add sugar and whisk well.
- Once this is all whisked, add the vodka, mix and check if the mixture has cooled down.
- Take your two eggs and add them to the cooled down mixture. If the mixture is warm, the eggs could get partially cooked, try to avoid this.
- Whisk the eggs into the mixture. Add the flour in two batches and again, mix well to make into a batter.
- Transfer the batter to a greased pan and bake at 180 °C. Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Once done, take it out the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into bars to your desired size and serve.