Bacon is suitable for any meal! Delicious on its own, even better with this oven baked candied whiskey bacon.
- 12 strips of Bacon
- 1 cup of Evan Williams
- 1 ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Mix whiskey with 1 cup of brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a saucepan and bring to boil, reduce temperature for 10 minutes and then take off completely.
- Place each strip of bacon on a baking tray with a gap between each strip.
- Brush the whiskey mix on each strip and then add on the ¼ cup of the sugar.
- Bake the strips for 12 – 20 minutes; ensure they don’t burn by checking up on them every few minutes.
- Take out the oven and place on paper towels to drain the sauces, let to cool before serving.