Popcorn is a great party snack for when you have friends and family over. It is easy to make and tastes great. Try this enticing tequila and caramel popcorn once the kids go to bed. (This recipe makes 16 cups)
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 16 cups air-popped popcorn
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup salted roasted peanuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 tablespoon(s) golden syrup
- 114 grams of unsalted butter
- 7 grams of baking soda
- 22.5ml of tequila
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 120 degrees Celsius and position the oven racks in the middle of your oven.
- Take the roasted peanuts and place them in a large heatproof bowl.
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar with the butter, golden syrup, agave nectar and salt and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is completely melted. Boil over a moderate heat for 4 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Using a spoon, stir in the baking soda and tequila this will make the syrup foam. Once you have done this pour the hot syrup over the popcorn and peanuts and coat the popcorn thoroughly.
- Once you have evenly spread the syrup over the popcorn spread the popcorn on nonstick baking sheets on a tray and bake for 1 hour. Stir the popcorn so it can dry and golden evenly.
- Turn of the oven, take out the tray and let it cool completely before serving.