Wine gets better with age, but how long does it last after you remove the cork?
Do you ever un-cork your wine, and not finish it? It happens.
Read more on how long your wine can stay un-corked for: é
- Sparkling wine can last 1-3 days in the fridge after removing the cork.
- Light White and Rosé Wine will be fine for 5-7 days with the cork placed on top.
- Full bodied white wine will be fine for 3-5 days in the fridge with the cork.
- Fortified wine will be fine for 28 days in a cool dark place with a cork.
- Box wine will be okay to drink after 28 days in the fridge.
Oxygen breaks down your wine – while it is said that you should let your wine breathe, it only softens the feel of the wine in your mouth. Too much oxygen can lead to oxidation, the degradation of wine due to an abundance of oxygen.
How do you know your wine is oxidised?
If it is brown in colour and hast tones of vinegar – then your wine has been compromised – we suggest getting to Liquor City for brand new bottle! ;)