Wine-lovers, you’ll be excited to know that there are great health benefits for your favourite drink!
Red wine is made using grapes – we know this. Grapes are high in a few antioxidants, such as catechins, resveratrol, epicatechin and proanthocyanidins.
Red Wine, in moderation, is good for you. Try 1 glass with your dinner to earn these great benefits!
- Resveratrol is found in the skin of the grape and keeps your heart healthy – it also has an anti-ageing benefit.
- Wine lowers Cholesterol levels. Studies have shown that a daily glass of red wine for 4 weeks can produce better cholesterol levels.
- Wine helps prevent high blood pressure and strokes. Even non-alcoholic wines help lower blood levels – in fact they are better for your blood pressure than alcoholic red wines.
- Red wine, in moderation, promotes longevity. Your lifespan can be increased by up to 60% with the antioxidant that is found in grapes, berry and nuts.
- Red wine reduces stress. We know this, that’s why we look forward to drinking it. Red wine with your dinner is known to calm you – try not to have right before bed.
Enjoy your red wine in future and rest assured that you’re being healthy.