From a healthy dessert we have made a fruit hotch potch. With Licor Beirão everything gets good and fruity. If this dessert was a festival of colours, it also now happens to be a feast of flavours with the inclusion of Licor Beirão in the recipe. This fruit salad is definitely not for children. Now we’re on the topic, did you know that ‘Fruit Salad’ was one of the first Portuguese rock bands of the early ’80s, where Lena D’Água went into action? It’s absolutely true. If in that ‘Fruit Salad’ the star was the water (Água), in our one it is clearly the Licor Beirão that makes the difference
- 2 slices of pineapple
- 1 banana
- 2 kiwis
- 2 oranges
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 apple
- 6 strawberries
- 1 pear
- 2 peach halves in syrup
- 100 g of grapes
- 1 cup of Licor Beirão
- Wash all the fruits, peel and remove the seeds from the fruit wherever necessary (including the seeds of the grapes). There’s nothing seedy about our salad.
- Cut the apple and pear into cubes, place them in a large bowl and squeeze the lemon juice of the lemon over them, so they don’t oxidize.
- Retire a pele e as sementes das laranjas e corte em pedacinhos. Corte todas as outras frutas em pedacinhos de tamanho semelhante.
- Mix all the fruit gently so it doesn’t fall apart. Add a little of the peach syrup and Licor Beirão. Refrigerate.
- A tip: You can replace some of the fruit with other seasonal fruits, including cantaloupe, watermelon, mango, peach, tangerine, papaya, plums, etc.