There is no sexier leg than this leg of lamb which propose to you. The giblet rice is the perfect accompaniment to give even more flavour to a dish that really is for grown-ups, a dish for those who know the secrets of good food and of our country. Enjoy. You will see that in the end everyone will say “Leg, don’t fail me now!”
- 1.5kg leg of lamb and giblets
- Salt, pepper and chilli
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoon of vinegar
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 0.5 dl of Licor Beirão
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 2 onions
- 0.5 dl olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of margarine
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 0.5 dl of white wine
- 350 g rice
- 7 dl chicken stock
- Place the lamb in a oven dish and season with salt, pepper, chilli, paprika, vinegar, half the crushed garlic, rosemary and Licor Beirão. Leave to marinate for two hours.
- Put sliced onion in the base of a tray with the rest of the garlic and place the meat on top. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 200ºC for about 15 minutes.
- Sauté the remaining onion in margarine. Add the lamb giblets cut into pieces, brown them and stir in the saffron.
- Splash over the wine and cook for ten minutes. Add the rice and the hot broth. Season with salt and cook for another ten minutes on a low heat with the pan covered.
- Transfer the rice to an oven dish. Place the lamb and seasoning ingredients on top. Bake for another 20 minutes. Then serve and make 4 people very happy.