Nuts are more fun when Licor Beirão enters the equation. The traditional walnut cake reinvents itself, and each slice is a slab of gluttony that paves the way for the next. And if the cake becomes dry because of the nuts, one always has the option to drink another of the ingredients, Licor Beirão, to give it a push. For us, this is undoubtedly the best ever walnut cake recipe. How about you?
- 150 g chopped walnuts
- 120 g sugar
- 150 g melted butter
- 5 eggs
- 150 g of wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 10 cl Licor Beirão
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
- 250 g sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of Licor Beirão
- Mix the nuts, sugar, butter and eggs until you get a foamy cream.
- Add flour with baking powder and Licor Beirão. It is with this step that everything takes on a new dimension.
- Place in a greased cake tin and bake in moderate oven for 45 minutes. Allow to cool and make the filling.