- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dried chilli and 1 capon (2 kg)
- Juice of ½ lemon and 1 bunch of basil
- 2 onions and 6 cloves of garlic
- 1.5kg new potatoes
- 2 dl white wine
- 2 tablespoons of Licor Beirão and 1 dl olive oil
- 1 bunch of red currants
- Make a paste with the margarine, salt, pepper, paprika and chilli and spread on the capon. Drizzle with the lemon juice.
- Place the squeezed lemon half and some of the basil inside the bird (yes, right in there). Tie the legs with kitchen string and arrange on a tray on the sliced onions and sliced garlic. This recipe starts to look like S&M, but we guarantee that everything will turn out fine.
- Put the potatoes in their skins around and season with salt.
- Drizzle everything with white wine, Licor Beirão and oil. Bake at 160ºC for one hour, basting occasionally with its own juices.
- Serve garnished with the remaining basil leaves and redcurrants. Let the cockerel crow, because it has every reason to do so.